There are common phrases and words you'll hear used repeatedly in healing and spiritual circles. If you are new to healing you may find yourself asking: But what does that actually mean? Let's address some of the most common terms below.
I wanted to share that my distance energy tune-up service is available for children. There has been an increase from parents asking me to work on their children and the experiences have been positive. I enjoy doing energy healing for children because they are so receptive to it. And I find it very satisfying as this is something I would have loved as a child. Energy work doesn't interfere with a child's energy but rather supports it.
Children do best with short bursts of energy so a distance energy tune-up session is always 30 minutes or less. This ensures the child is not overwhelmed. I am very attentive to how much their energy can handle and always honor when it feels complete. As with any healing session, it is important to follow up and follow through on what has started to shift. A session is very gentle in vibration, with lots of divine, loving, crystalline energy used. In a distance energy tune-up the healing is all done remotely. I send a recording of the session and children don't listen to it but parents can in order to understand what took place. Children don't need to be present for the session as we'll work directly with their energy body and guides.
Some examples of when energy healing might benefit your child are:
To learn more or to book a session, please check out the Services/Appointments page of my website by clicking here.
1. Be committed. We are multi-layered beings and healing happens in layers. It's unrealistic to think you can come to a session having never previously worked on yourself and expect to heal 10 or more years' worth of suffering in 60 minutes. Commit to the process. There is no finish line in healing, you are never truly done. You will be learning and growing always, constantly adapting and integrating.
2. Your facilitator is not your friend. You would never call up your doctor outside of business hours to hang out or expect to linger after your appointment for a personal chat. When doing spiritual energy work you are experiencing a high vibration and a joyful one. You are opening up more so than usual and sharing a vulnerable and intimate experience with a stranger. People often confuse the healer as being their source of joy. But it's important to remember that they are a facilitator and not a friend. Having professional boundaries is essential to a healthy client/healer relationship.
3. If you are friends or family of a healer, treat it as if you weren't. Respectfully ask if the healer is comfortable working with family and friends. If so, follow their regular booking method like every other client. Pay up front without them having to ask. Don't ask for or expect a discount and don't expect them to rearrange their schedule and rush you in. If they offer a discount or do make space outside of business hours, make sure the agreement is clear, and be sure to acknowledge the gesture with a thank you afterwards. Otherwise, you can risk hurting the relationship by not respecting their time, energy and services.
4. Do your research. Some people book a service without reading the website or understanding what a session involves. You will get more out of a session if you show up with a general understanding of the healer, the service they provide, and what to expect during an appointment. Being prepared allows you to enter into a session and get right down to work, maximizing your time, as opposed to spending time going through unnecessary explanations.
5. Make a personal choice. It's common for people to recommend a healer or service they have had a great experience with, or for people to ask a healer for a recommendation. But just because that service or healer worked for someone else, doesn't mean it is necessarily the right fit for you. And just because a healer gives you a name or recommendation doesn't mean they know what is best for you. Be sure to tune in to your own body and feel what is right for you. Trust yourself and spirit, and ask your guides to lead you to the right service and healer.
6. Be aware and open. Going into a healing session with curiosity and an open mind is key. Note what you have been feeling or thinking, or where you've been challenged leading up to it. Note what led you to want a session. This awareness will help you make faster connections in your session.
7. Know when to move on. We all have many different mentors, teachers and facilitators throughout our life's journey, each with their own unique skill set to offer us. Not all relationships are meant to last. Some may be for years, while others may be more short-term. It's important to honor when someone has served a purpose in your life and to let go and move on. This honors a beautiful divine rhythm where we are always recognizing and valuing each other's gifts and evolution.
8. Love yourself enough to make the time. Life is busy and we all have many tasks and commitments to manage in a day. But you can choose to make 30 or 60 minutes of self-care time when you need it. If you can't or won't, that sends the wrong signal out to the universe. If you don't make the time the stresses will only compound and you'll create more work for yourself. If you feel unsettled and are proactive about seeking support you can stay on top of things and avoid unnecessary stress and suffering.
9. Don't ask about others. You booked the session for you and it should be about you. Asking about other people in a healing session sways you off track from receiving what you need. A healer makes a concerted effort to connect with and ground into your personal energy and guides. When you ask about others you pull the healer out of that connection and they have to work harder to reconnect. It's nice to want the best for others and it's normal to be curious. But in respecting free will, a healer shouldn't be going into anyone else's energy without their permission. And since we are always projecting in relationships, you will always find the answers you're looking for in your own energy. When asking about others in a session you create a boundary issue, both for the person you're asking about, as well as for your healer.
10. Create a sacred space. There is a big difference between having a session in your office where you have distractions, noise and could be interrupted at any moment versus being relaxed in the comfort of your own home, curled up with a blanket and a 'do not disturb' sign on the door. Your session is a time of self-care and it should be in a private space where you can feel engaged, comfortable and receptive.
This week's theme is fitting heading into Thanksgiving weekend. And it had the elementals and guides repeatedly bringing through the word joy. What exactly is joy? It's a feeling of great pleasure and happiness. If you want to work on your joy, your sacral chakra is the point of focus. The sacral chakra is your joy center. It is your house of creativity, sensuality and where you develop a healthy appetite for life. Your sacral chakra corresponds to the color orange and we also see the color orange featured in this month of October. This month of October is a 1 vibration in numerology which is about new beginnings and creation. So as you can see this week's theme is actually this month's theme.
With the world steadily becoming more fast-paced, the influx of social media and tragic world events, anxiety has been on the rise. When I am working on a client I always see anxiety show up in the sacral chakra, as an image of knots in the stomach. By focusing on joy, you are able to heal and limit anxiety and blocks to your sacral chakra. You are being asked this month to bring your focus back to joy and to boost love. For every moment that causes you to think the world is a terrible place, there is equal reason to think the world is a beautiful place. Just as we see tragedy unfold, we too see humanity come together and showcase love. This duality of life in action is not always easy to digest. But that is why your guides and elementals encourage you to direct your thoughts to a place of joy and implore you to lift up the vibration as opposed to getting sucked down into the lower energies.
When you are making decisions ask yourself: Does this bring me closer to my joy? If it does you are on the right track. If not, give it some time and make sure you aren't rushing things or selling yourself short. The elementals remind you that you have the power to create joy. They urge you not to sit back and wait for random moments of joy but to consciously create them. How do you do this? Be present. Make an effort. Take care of yourself. Prioritize your values. Work on your sacral chakra. Ask for help in transforming your struggles into strengths. Start by noticing what causes you suffering, pay attention to what isn't working. Once you have the awareness ask spirit for help in transforming it. And commit by following your guidance and taking action steps that will support healing and positive change.
Channelled message: Humans try to force joy. They want love so they convince themselves they have it when in fact they know they are not happy. But the fear they won't have their dreams come true causes them to lie to themselves and say, yes, this isn't so bad. Maybe I can make this work, maybe it's enough. Be honest with yourself and be brave in holding strong to to your dreams. Don't see your dreams as some floating untouchable cloud that only comes down into your life by the miracle of a fairy godmother. See your dreams in your heart, in your energy body. See them as sparks of light within you that you shine out more brightly with each passing day. Do not worry about time and who, what, when, where, how and why. Just focus on joy. Focus on your feelings. Just like your food takes time to digest in your body, awareness takes time to blossom. Let your sacral chakra digest things so that you can create more consciously. Joy is readily available to you. You have the power to increase it at any given moment. For you are a creator. Stop looking outside of yourself and start connecting inside of yourself. Your outside world is a reflection of your inside world. Be an active participant in your life. Don't ghost through life waiting on random bits of joyfulness that seem ever fleeting. But wake up everyday and commit to creating a day filled with as much joy as possible. The amount will differ day to day, surely. But isn't that in itself joyful? That nothing is every boring, nothing needs to be stale? Joy is flow, it is movement. Even when you are out looking up at the stars under the full moon, there is movement. The moon's glow cascading out, the stars sparkling against the nights sky. Choose trust. Choose faith. Choose love. Make joy.
Sharing current energy themes and channelled messages from spirit.
New blog posts on Thursdays.